onsdag den 6. november 2013

So... about PSY...

So after not posting yesterday since having nothing to talk about... I finally found a subject I deemed okay for my blog... :3
I've been talking with my friend that's pretty new to kpop and she does not like PSY... SO I decided to ask her why she didn't like him and her answer were pretty clever and gave her reason enough.

"I don't really like PSY because his like the name of kpop now... If you say kpop people only think of PSY and I think that's unfair since kpop is so much more that just Gangnam Style. PSY got mainstream and since that everyone knows about him they think they know kpop without really knowing anything"

So she gave reason enough to dislike PSY... and I agree... but then again I think PSY himself is much more than Gangnam Style and Gentleman too. I personally liked PSY a lot before he went viral and became somewhat of a 'one hit wonder' if you ask me his great and all that. But sadly people just takes all the viral stuff waaaay to far...

In a handful of years or so I'm positive that it will only be like real kpop fans that knows about Gangnam Style and Gentleman because he just got viral in this generation... people will forget sooner or later.

But PSY will always be the one that brought Kpop trough and made it know world wide for many people. So therefor I think PSY is great... it's the people that makes it so dull and mainstream that you just can't handle to hear about it all the time.

I still listen to 'Gangnam Style', 'Gentleman' and even 'Right Now'... I'm a fan of PSY like I am a fan of any other groups that I like.


So... that was my opinion about PSY and Gangnam Style... Doing this way to late... but like I said... It's only a question about time before people will forget... even memes and stuff get's old.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar